Our Great Grandmother Maryanna Kasprzyk Skrok Kwiatek Married Twice
Maryanna Kasprzyk was born in Russian Poland in 1871, the daughter of Jan Kasprzyk and Małgorzata Bartkiewicz.
In 1887, Maryanna married her first husband, Wincenty Skrok, at Kościół św. Wojciecha Biskupa i Męczennika in Wojciechowice, Opatów, Świętokrzyskie, Poland. He had been born in 1861 in the Russian part of Poland, the son of Łukasz Skrok and Katarzyna Kołek.
Wincenty Skrok and Maryanna Kasprzyk had the following children:
- Stanisław Skrok was born on 29 Mar 1889 in Kaliszany, Wojciechowice. He was baptized at Kościół św. Wojciecha Biskupa i Męczennika.
- Antonina Skrok was born on 1 Jun 1891 in Kaliszany, Wojciechowice. She was baptized at Kościół św. Wojciecha Biskupa i Męczennika.
- Jan Skrok, born 22 Jun 1892, Kaliszany, Wojciechowice. He married Agnieszka Kapuścinska on 17 Jan 1917 at Corpus Christi Roman Catholic Church in Buffalo, Erie, New York, United States. Jan died 15 May 1936 in Buffalo, Erie, New York, United States.
- Stanisława Skrok, born 23 Sep 1894, Kaliszany, Wojciechowice. She married Adam Kiec on September 1914. Stanisława died 18 Nov 1938 in Buffalo, Erie, New York, United States.
- Zofia Skrok was born on 19 Aug 1896 in Kaliszany, Wojciechowice.She was baptized at Kościół św. Wojciecha Biskupa i Męczennika in Wojciechowice, Opatów, Świętokrzyskie, Poland. Zofia died 12 Sep 1898, after her father’s death
After Wincenty Skrok‘s death, Maryanna Kasprzyk Skrok married Andrzej Kwiatek in 1902 in Wojciechowice.
Andrzej Kwiatek, the son of Wojciech Kwiatek and Maryanna Szczepaniak, was born in 1880 in Lechów, Bieliny, Kielce, Russian Poland. Maryanna Kasprzyk and Andrzej Kwiatek had three children:
- Juliana Kwiatek was born in 1904 in Stodoly, Radom, Russian Poland. (She may have married John Kasprowicz on 1 June 1920 in Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne, Pennsylvania.)
- Aniela Kwiatek, born 1909, Stodoly, Radom, Russian Poland. (After the Kwiatek family returned to Poland, she married a man called Jankowski. My grandmother had a letter Aniela wrote from Będzin in 1947, after the end of World War II.)
- Leon Kwiatek was born 28 Jan 1914 in Buffalo, Erie, New York.
In 1920, the Kwiatek family lived at 223 Metcalfe Street in Buffalo, Erie, New York.
Update May 2020: Added information about Wincenty and Zofia Skrok’s deaths and Maryanna and Andrzej Kwiatek’s marriage in 1902.