Bogumiła / Gottliebe Wittkier Baborska Maciejewska
After the death of his first wife Anna Trojanowska in 1855, my great-great-grandfather Thomas Maciejewski (viduus) married Gottliba Teophila Barbarska (libera) 25 Nov 1856 at Nieżywięć/Niezywienc, Strasburg, Westpreußen, Preußen.
On 29 Feb 1868, her son Anton died in Tylice in his 16th year. He was buried on 4 Mar 1868 in Nieżywięć/Niezywienc. The cause of death was “Auszehrung,” consumption (tuberculosis) or a wasting disease with emaciation or debility.
Anton was the son of Gottliebe (Wittkier is crossed out) Babarska, now married to Thomas Maciejewski.
I found Anton‘s birth in the Nieżywięć records. Antonius Basilius (in Polish, Antoni Bazyli) was born to unmarried parents on 14 Jun 1852 in Tylice.
His parents were /:Robertus Kayser:/ (crossed out) and Bogumiła nata (born) Wytkier.
Antoni had a sister, Marcellina Ludwica (in Polish, Marcela Ludwika), born 29 Oct 1853, also in Tylice, also out of wedlock, to the same parents.
Marcela Ludwika‘s parents were Bogumiła Wittker and /:Robertus Kayser:/. Her godmother was the widow Marianna Barbarska.
On 15 Jan 1872, Marcella Ludwica Wittker and Matthias Maciejewski, both of Tillitz, were married in Niezywienc, Strasburg, Westpreußen, Preußen.
Matthias was age 24 and Marcela was age 19.
Mathias Maciejewski was born 11 Nov 1848 to Thomas Maciejewski and Anna nata Trojanowska in Tylice.
Anna Trojanowska was Tomasz‘ first wife, so the couple were step-siblings.
This marriage united Tomasz Maciejewski‘s first family with the first family of Bogumiła/Gottliebe Babarska Wittkier Maciejewska.
Gottliebe/Bogumiła had more children with Tomasz/Thomas Maciejewski, but her family name was listed as Barbarska, Witkierewicz, Wittke, and Wittkier in different birth records.
Gottliebe/Bogumiła‘s mother Marianna Wittker, geboren Baborska, widow (Wittwe), aged 70, died in Tillitz on 8 November 1862. She was buried 11 November 1862.
The cause of death was “Lungenschlag,” sudden cessation of breathing, translated in one source as “pulmonary paralysis” Her heirs were son-in-law (Schwiegersohn) inhabitant (Einw. = Einwohner) Thomas Maciejewski and two siblings (Geschwister).
It is unclear if Baborska was Gottliebe/Bogumiła‘s birth name, or if she supplied her mother’s maiden name when asked. Further research in the Prussian Diözese Kulm Catholic Church records of “Dekanat Strasburg mit den Pfarreien Bobrowo (Bobrau), Groß Kruschin, Lemberg, Mszano, Niezywienc, Pokrzdowo und Strasburg” as well as “Dekanat Briesen mit den Pfarreien Briesen, Chelmonie (Colmansfeld), Dembowalonka (Wittenburg), Kowalewo (Schönsee), Neudorf, Niedzwiedz (Bahrendorf), Orzechowo (Groß Orsichau), Plusnitz (Pfeilsdorf) und Rynsk (Rheinsberg)” may prove useful.
Bogumiła Maciejewska was listed as the widow of Tomasz/Thomas Maciejewski at his death in Tillitz on 12 Jul 1894.
- LDS Family History Library, “Nieżywiȩć (Brodnica),” database, Kościół rzymsko-katolicki. Parafja, Family Search (familysearch.com: accessed October 2019), Antoni Bazyli Wittkier; citing Germany, Preußen, Westpreußen, Niezywienc – Church records.
- Library, Family Search, 1868 Anton death https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSV7-YSFH-L?i=161&cat=237019.
- Library, Family Search, https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSZR-ZKC2?i=150&cat=237019.
- Library, Family Search, https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSZR-ZK9P?i=110&cat=237019.
- Library, Family Search, Marcella Ludvica Wittkier and Matthias Maciejewski marriage https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSXN-V3GN-9.
- Library, Family Search, Marianna Wittker Baborska death https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSV7-YSFF-Q?i=122&cat=237019.
- Library, Family Search, Tomasz Maciejewski Death https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSV7-YSXP-V?i=326&cat=237019.